Wednesday, February 19, 2014

How Old Posts Can Become Popular Again

Suddenly, my post about why Ukraine should be divided between its anti-Russian and pro-Russian parts has seen a dramatic increase in page views. That is no doubt related to the latest escalation of Ukraine's political crisis with both government forces and the neo-Nazi elements of the opposition increasingly using violent means in the confrontation. Ukraine is dangerously close to a full scale civil war. Let's hope that it doesn't come to that. Ukraine has been ravaged for a century by wars, German Nazis, Communism, corruption and ethnic conflict, to add a(nother) civil war would be really cruel. I remain convinced that secession is the best way to solve the conflict peacefully.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shane Leavy said...

When I used to blog I noticed that my most popular posts were often those with images. People would find images through Google Image search or something, and come to my blog. Since that post has a map of Ukraine I guess many people may have been led there by searching online for an ethnic or linguistic map of Ukraine.

In any case I also hope Ukraine can find a peaceful solution. I worry that EU member states are not helping by talking of sanctions against the government. It seems some of the protesters are hardly exemplary either.

12:45 PM  
Blogger stefankarlsson said...

Well, Google encrypts searches these days so I don't know what search words are used, but your guess may be right.

And indeed, many of the "protesters" aren't really protesters, they're armed rebel warriors affiliated with the neo-Nazi group Svoboda.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home