Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Recession 2007

Today on mises.org I officially forecast a recession in America. Or actually, what I'm, saying is that it is the most likely scenario. There is a small possibility that a dramatic decline in oil prices or some other positive shock could avert, but that seems less likely than not to happen. Instead a recession is the most likely scenario.

I see BTW on Bloomberg News today that the IMF disagrees with me. A majority of Americans however, agrees with me in this poll.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think is the potential of the US recession spilling over to other countries? The IMF said that the if problems within the housing market are contained then the global economy should be able to slide through this largely untouched. What do you think?

9:58 AM  
Blogger stefankarlsson said...

I'll return soon to that question in a new blog post. Stay tuned for that.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home