Monday, February 16, 2009

Jim Rogers Blog

I was really disappointed when I first found a link to "Jim Rogers Blog" and actually looked at it. But that disappointment only reflects my extremely high expectations. I thought it meant that Jim Rogers had started to blog, which he hasn't. But while it doesn't feature any posts written by Rogers, it is still interesting as it links to all his media appearances and is updated whenever he makes a new one, which is frequently.

The skyline in the background is Shangahi's, BTW, presumably chosen because of his bullish view on China.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's actually Shanghai.

You share his views e.g. commodities, long-term trends?

11:56 PM  
Blogger Celal Birader said...

There's also a Marc Faber Blog which looks interesting.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is Shanghai, not Singapore, on the background picture

9:55 AM  
Blogger stefankarlsson said...

Yeah it's Shangahi, I've corrected that now. And I do share most of Rogers views, though not all (For example at this point, I'm a lot more bearish on the yen than he is).

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not like Jim Rogers that much... I, however, love George Soros, his former partner at the Quantum Fund. I wonder if Jim Rogers profited from the fall of the sterling recently as George Soros did last year by shorting it against the euro.


Stefan is indeed correct that the yen is overvalued which of course is caused by the unwinding of the carry trade and "safe haven" capital flows.

I do think long dollar short yen might be a good trade mainly because most people are doing the opposite. Perhaps. BoJ would intervene causing their currency to fall, and maybe the prices of their natural imports would rise as they have a trade deficit.

There might be some event that would cause a massive unwinding of all the long yen positions though much like how the short yen positions were unwound in 1998.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home